Today’s been a little rough. It started with me waking up late. Then, on my way out of the driveway, I dropped my protein shake all over my lap. I barely made it to work on time after having to go back in and change my clothes. It’s been a crazy day at Longevity too, so today’s post is going to be short and sweet.
Here are a few of the things I’m digging in the world of health, fitness and nutrition right now!
THE NUTRITIONISTA’S FAVORITE THINGS:
- OptiCleanse GHI protein powder. It’s power packed with 26 grams of protein, vitamins and minerals to support healthy digestion. Our pharmacy carries chocolate and vanilla, but the chai is my favorite flavor. I make it into a shake by combining two scoops of powder, fresh blueberries and strawberries, 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, flax seeds, water and ice in the blender for about 15 seconds. It makes a great breakfast (as long as you don’t spill it all over your lap!).
- Ground Flax Seed with Blueberry from Trader Joe’s. You can throw it into a protein shake like I do, or mix it into your cereal or oatmeal. This stuff will keep you REGULAR, if you know what I mean.
- I’ve said it before and I’ll keep on saying it: I love the World’s Healthiest Foods Web site and cookbook. I’ve learned so much from George and I reference his food list all the time!
- The Lighter Perspective is a great blog by my friend Shira Miller about her journey through weight loss success. Shira is one of the sharpest, most positive and hilarious people I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with (Interned at her PR firm right out of college.)
- Zumba! It’s so much fun to do something a little different, and it doesn’t even feel like I’m working out. I go to a class at Dance Stop Studio in Marietta on Wednesdays.
- Caprese salad. I think I make it just about every week because it’s so simple (5 ingredients). It’s such a refreshing dish for the summer season and the basil smells so good!
- Watermelon. If you read this earlier this month, you already know how much I love it. It has been the after-dinner treat at the Brown house all summer long!
Ok, that’s all I’ve got for now, but I’m sure I’ll think of more in the coming months. What are some of your favorite things that help you stay on track with your nutrition and fitness goals? We’d love to hear about them!