All this beautiful weather has me in the fall spirit, and I’ve been craving anything pumpkin lately! I would blame my pregnancy for this, but I must admit this happens to me at this time every year! I couldn’t stop thinking about pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, so I finally broke down and made them. I decided to give this slightly healthier recipe a try, and it turned out great, so I thought I’d share it with you.
INGREDIENTS (Makes 16 muffins):
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (or a gluten-free flour if you wish!)
1/2 cup honey
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup canned/fresh pumpkin
1/2 cup milk (or dairy-free alternative)
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup chocolate chips (or carob chips)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients first (pumpkin, milk, egg, butter, and honey).
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer to muffin tins and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool, serve and enjoy!
I’ll definitely be making these muffins again. What’s your favorite fall recipe?